If you are anything like me you feel Fathers Day creeping up on you and you promise that this year you will be different and you will be organised and brainstorm really early. Only to not do anything at all about your brainstormed list and then the week before you are running around Westfield with kids and buy the first crappy thing you see because two of your children are shouting at each other because they both wanted to press the lift button, you’ve lost the parking ticket (again) and you know the pet store is coming up soon on the left and you can’t face going into that stinky shop again only to chase your kids around when one wants to pat the fish and the other is trying to release the birds out of their cages. (true story!)
So I thought I would help you out and share my uncreative brainstormed list with you ahead of time. We are not even in September yet so I think this year I might just be able to sort something out in time so that I can pretend I am that organised, crap-together kind of housewife I always want to be.
1. Massage voucher. These men are always complaining aren’t they? Be it man flu, gym injury, they hurt their back when they were playing with the kids or just so that they can get that peace and quiet that they complain they don’t get enough of.
2. Red Ballon voucher. Who knows? Maybe they will just buy something that you can do together – winning!
3. Fitbit. Pretty self explanatory.
4. A scooter. Yes they actually make adult scooters.. and they look damn fun! I think any father would rather scooter by the kids then run along awkwardly next to them.
5. Wireless headphones. They can listen to whatever crap they listen to or watch whatever sport you hate, without you having to endure it too!
6. A mug. Cheesy, cliche, old school and brilliant. You can buy a mug from Kmart that has paints that come with it. Kids paint it and then you put it in the oven and voila! Bound to make them smile every time they use it.
7. Mens skincare package. I feel like most men wouldn’t walk into a beautician and discuss their dry skin and which exfoliator is best. But I do think if you bought it for them then they would love it and really get into it. Give it a go!
8. New kicks. What guy doesn’t like the feeling of a new pair of sneakers? Even if they aren’t the exercising type, all the dads seem to love the sneaker/jean look. No further comment.
9. Work bag. Yep the man-bag is in these days.
10. “I” something. Whatever they are into.. New Ipad case, Iphone cover…easy and not too expensive.
There you have it, there is my list. I hope it helps and that you can be a little organised this year. If not, I’ll see you at Westfield!
Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there. And to all the mums that are single parents – this is the day for you too!